MDLONDON respects and upholds your right to privacy protection. MDLONDON recognises applicable local laws and regulations and relevant data protection standards in respect of the collection, use, disclosure storage and transfer of personal information from individuals.
By providing us with personal information about yourself through our website, any
Overview of this Policy
- When do we collect and store personal information?
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you (either directly or indirectly), and may be collected directly from you, by a third party you have given consent to disclosing your personal information, or by a credit agency, government or statutory body.
We collect and store personal information (including names, telephone numbers, address, email address, occupation, education and qualifications, etc) in a range of contexts, such as:
- when entering into relationships with new clients or potential clients
- when individuals apply for employment or other business opportunities with us
- when individuals register online for access to secure sites or collaboration services hosted by MDLONDON or third parties on behalf of MDLONDON, and
- when we conduct surveys, community consultation, environmental and other studies as part of our business
- What do we do with personal information?
We may use your personal information:
- to enable us to provide services to you or our clients
- to communicate information about our services
- for our internal administrative, planning, product development, marketing and research requirements, or
- to consider the suitability of applicants for employment with us, which may be processed by third parties engaged to undertake pre-employment screening services, or for any other reason you allow or consent us to
As an example, one of the key objectives of MDLONDON’s website is to provide information about who we are, what we do and our local and global professional capabilities. We may collect personal information to update our website and in order to provide relevant information about MDLONDON, our services, our key people in our regions or our capabilities in a variety of countries
- Reasons we may share or disclose your personal information
- to MDLONDON group entities
- to other MDLONDON offices
- in the course of your employment
- when passing information between MDLONDON offices, credit, law enforcement, and government agencies, and professional services providers, if required, or
- with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested of us or authorised
- As part of the provision of our services, we may outsource some of our functions to third parties, which may involve the disclosure of your personal information. These third parties will not be authorised to use your personal information for any purpose or purposes other than that for which your personal information is disclosed.
- MDLONDON is a global organisation. We may disclose your personal information to MDLONDON offices in countries outside the country in which it was collected, if it is necessary for one of the purposes the information has been disclosed to us. For example, if you send us an application for employment in one country we may send it to one of our offices in another country to consider whether that office may be in a position to offer you employment.
MDLONDON employee personal information and employment/personnel records are stored securely and used in the jurisdiction in which it is collected and relevant to the particular MDLONDON employee.
If we disclose your personal information to an office in a country other than the country in which it is collected, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure a level of data protection at least as protective of that required in the European Union's GDPR, which offers high levels of personal information protection.
We will also require any MDLONDON employees, subcontractors or agents who are outside your jurisdiction and to whom we transfer information about you to ensure a similar level of data protection as required by the European Union's GDPR when it comes to protecting your personal information.
Your personal information is never shared, sold, rented or otherwise disclosed except if required by law or with your consent.
- Marketing and communications
MDLONDON is driven by a client-service led culture. For this reason, we may send marketing material or communicate information that we think may be relevant or of interest to you or your industry or provide you with details about our latest services that you may benefit from.
At any time, you may opt-out of receiving any communications from us (other than as required for the operation of our business, for example, regarding payment of accounts) or change your marketing communication preferences.
Electronic marketing or communications material will have an “unsubscribe” link or contain instructions allowing you to opt-out or change your preferences. Alternatively, you can contact us directly about our marketing and communications by using the contact details below.
- How do we use "cookies", "log files", data analytics and other similar technology?
You may disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser – please refer to your browser options or instructional material. If you disable cookies, it is likely to affect how your browser works. For more information on cookies visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
The MDLONDON Client Portal website located at http://www.mdlondon.co.uk uses log files on a limited basis to record appropriate access to some project information by registered users.
A log file or log is the automatically produced and time-stamped documentation of events relevant to a particular system. From the server’s log files, an administrator can identify numbers of visitors, the domains from which they are visiting, the number of requests for each page and usage patterns.
Data analytics (such as Google Analytics™) and other technologies
The MDLONDON located at http://www.mdlondon.co.uk uses log files and Google Analytics™.
We may automatically log IP addresses (i.e., the electronic addresses of computers connected to the Internet) to analyse trends, administer the site, track user movements, and gather broad demographic information.
We may collect and use data relating to the geographical location of your computer or mobile internet device. We use this to provide country and region-specific information.
This information collected is not “personal information” and you cannot be identified from its collection. It is only used to assist MDLONDON in optimising the content and effectiveness of our website.
HTML5 local storage
HTML5 local storage is used to store information locally and survives browser sessions. Its main purpose within the MDLONDON website relates to automatically logging IP addresses to allow for region specific websites to load. Many Internet browsers allow you to disable HTML5 local storage or delete information contained in HTML5 local storage using browser controls.
- Links to third party websites
If you access or share information to websites linked to our website, the operators of those websites may collect your information in accordance with their own privacy policies that may differ to ours. You should review the privacy, “cookie” and other policies displayed on these websites to find out how your personal information may be used and stored.
- Data security
We will take all reasonable steps and apply appropriate technical and organisational measures to maintain the security of any personal information we receive from you and protect it from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure or modification.
We use a variety of secure techniques to store and protect your information, including secure MDLONDON IT systems and firewalls. Any digital transfer of personal information is secured using a range of security methods. MDLONDON is constantly reviewing its information security technology and practices.
We will only keep your personal information when we consider it necessary for one of the purposes for which you have disclosed it. If it is no longer necessary to keep your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your personal information safely, if required.
- How can you access and correct information?
You may have a right in certain circumstances to request a copy of the personal information about you we may hold, request the removal of personal information from our records and to have inaccurate information changed or out-of-date information amended. For example, persons in the European Union, have a right under the GDPR to request the deletion or erasure of their personal information, where that information is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected.
Please submit a request to the relevant MDLONDON office, the Integrity Officer, or via the Contact Us link on our website, and we will respond to your request as required by applicable law.
For security reasons, we will ask you to verify your identity to ensure that we do not give information to the wrong person or change or remove your personal information without your express consent.
If there is no applicable legal or regulatory requirement for MDLONDON to respond to your request, MDLONDON will respond at its discretion.
- Children’s information
MDLONDON websites and collaboration services hosted by MDLONDON or third parties on behalf of MDLONDON are intended to be used by adults and corporate entities interested in MDLONDON. They are not intended for children, and MDLONDON does not knowingly collect or store personal information about children under the age of 13.
- Data breach notification
In the highly unlikely event of a data breach, MDLONDON will act promptly to comply with applicable local laws. Where it is reasonably foreseeable that an individual will suffer as a result of a data breach, the relevant regulatory body and, where possible, the affected individual will be contacted without undue delay. This notification shall include the nature of the breach, the personal data possibly involved and measures taken to address the breach (including to reduce the harm of negative consequences), the contact details for whom affected individuals can obtain further information and details of any assistance being provided to affected individuals.
Your privacy is important to us and MDLONDON is committed to our privacy practices being up-to-date with prevailing best practices and changes in local laws, regulations and data protection standards and technology.
- How to contact us
Data Integrity Officer
30 Brewer Street
If you are not satisfied with a response, dependent on your location, you may have an option to refer your complaint to a relevant privacy regulator. We will provide you details of any relevant regulator on request.
1"MDLONDON” is a reference to MDLDN Ltd and includes any company carrying on business that is part of the MDLONDON group of companies.